Osmo Buitenhout UV Protection Oil (click for colors and options)
- Buy 4 for €32,29 each and save 2%
- Buy 12 for €31,30 each and save 5%
- Buy 40 for €29,66 each and save 10%
- Mo/Fr ordered before 18.00 is shipped directly
- Laagste prijs garantie, tot wel 75% korting !
- Houtafwerkingsspecialisten sinds 1976
- Grootste voorraad van de Benelux (+1000m2)
- Reeds 200.000+ tevreden klanten
- Betaal achteraf in Nederland met Afterpay
- Betaal achteraf in België met Afterpay
Osmo UV Oil (All colors for sale with us)Perfect sun protection - the first colorless UV protection for outdoor wood!
Benefits Osmo UV Protection Oil,
- With protective film layer against UV rays
- As a top coat on already colored surfaces it significantly extends the renovation time
- Slows down the aging process with UV factor 12
- Ideal for all vertical wooden surfaces
- Based on natural, vegetable oils and waxes
UV protection oil for outdoor wood,
The Osmo UV Protection Oil for wood protects the surface against discoloration from the sun. This is because this oil contains a built-in UV filter. There is also a colorless/light variant of the UV protection oil, which is also the first and only product on the market. the market that is colorless and protects against UV rays and especially on light woods, this is very nice. The product contains a protection factor of 12. Besides that the product protects against UV radiation, it also protects against rain and all other weather influences.
The UV Protection Oil is ideal for all vertical wooden surfaces outdoors such as fences, doors, stables, chalets, shutters, windows, carports, facades, garden sheds, etc. The Oil is not suitable for horizontal wooden surfaces such as terraces. This Oil builds up an invisible layer, protecting it against UV rays. If water remains on the surface, the oil layer can crack and/or turn black.
Apply Osmo UV Protection Oil
Osmo UV Protection Oil can be used in two ways . Firstly , the product can be used as a full finish. Two layers of the UV protection oil are applied. This can be two layers of colorless 420 or you can choose one layer of color and the colorless 420 variant as the second layer. With this last variant you can touch up colorless in the future without creating a color difference. When it is chosen to apply a product with color as the first layer, a colorless layer should always be applied as the second layer. It is not recommended to apply two coats of color.
Secondly , the product is mainly used as a finish on already colored or otherwise treated wood, which can be different colored Osmo finishes. Because the product has a UV protection factor of 12 compared to untreated wood, the life of the surface is considerably extended and the aging process is slowed down. There are several colors of the UV Protection Oil, these colors are related to the colors of the different wood species they are named after (these colors are therefore not only suitable for the wood species they are named after). The UV Protection Oil 420, Colorless contains no color pigments and therefore emphasizes the color of the wood. The 429 Natural is only recommended on light woods and Oak, because this variant contains a little white pigment.
Is your wood aged or heavily soiled?
Is your wood gray or dirty? Then the advice is to treat this beforehand with the Osmo Power-Gel Wood Degreaser . This product removes all pollution and aging, etc., so you can see the natural look of the wood again. When aged wood is only treated again with UV oil or other oil, there is a chance that the gray color will show through the treatment. Therefore, always treat grayed wood first with the Osmo Power-Gel.
After treatment with the Osmo UV Protection Oil, the wood is very well protected against moisture and UV radiation. Because the wood is water-repellent after treatment, no algae and fungi can form in the wood, which means that it slows down the aging of the wood, so that the color of the wood remains beautiful for longer.
Damage to wood by UV radiation
When untreated wood comes into contact with UV radiation from the sun, the wood will start to age. The combination of moisture and UV radiation in particular is disastrous and ensures that the wood will age quickly. To protect the wood against this, it is recommended to treat the wood with the UV Protection Oil, this product contains UV factor 12.
Note : Raw, old wood or wood that has been left untreated outside often absorbs more oil, so more oil is needed than normal. With new wood, it is recommended to let the wood weather for a few weeks first. This ensures that the wood is more resistant to the outdoor climate. After weathering, the wood can be treated with our Osmo Houtonggrijzer .
Tip : always purchase a little more product than for the recommended square meters. You can always maintain and update the surface with this Osmo UV Protection Oil.
Note: For surfaces that have already been treated with Osmo or with another brand or product, a test should always be made first. When renovating, the advice is always to apply a maximum of one layer. When more layers are applied, there is a chance that the second layer will not adhere, making this layer easy to scratch off.
Important : Cloths, brushes and rollers, etc. used to apply the UV-Protection Oil must be rinsed out with water as they pose a risk of spontaneous combustion. Therefore, always rinse it well with water before throwing it away, after it has dried, everything can go with normal household waste.
- Silk-mat, colorless wood preservative for outdoor use
- Especially recommended for wooden cladding, roof overhangs, balconies, garden furniture, windows and doors...
- As a final coat on wood that has already been colour-treated, Osmo UV Protection Oil significantly extends the renovation interval; prevents the aging process with UV protection factor 12 compared to untreated wood.
- Number of coats: 2 coats on raw untreated wood. For renovation, 1 layer is sufficient.
- Available in pack size 0.75, 2.50 and 25 liters
- 1 liter is sufficient for about 18 m2 with 1 layer.
- Also available in 25 Ltr, PLEASE NOTE larger quantity must be ordered, delivery time +/- 2 weeks.
- Always apply with the paint roller or brushes that you see on the right, that gives the best result.
- Are you using the 429? please contact our customer service for a handy trick if you want to let it dry as matt and neutral as possible...
Frequently heard question, What is the difference between this UV Protection Oil and the Terrace Oil by color from Osmo?
Well that is very easy to answer, The Terrace Oil is a full color oil and therefore really gives the full color you choose and therefore offers the best protection, While this UV Protection Oil is always mixed from the Natural oil with a little bit of color pigment. This results in a light touch of color and not a full color impregnation as with the Terrace Oil.
For more information, see the tech info file below or email us.
- no 410 Solvent-free outdoor oil, (is better suited for children's toys or a dining table, etc.)
- no 420 Colorless outer oil (slightly yellowing) with UV protective film layer.
(UV oil with a light color pigment),
- no 424: Fire
- no 425: Oak
- no 426: Larch wood
- no 427: Douglas fir
- no 428: Red Cedar
- no 431: Red Cedar Light
- no 432: Oak Light
- nr 429: Natural (The first and only colorless UV protection oil for outside).
- content options,
- 0.75 liter
- 2.5 liters
- 25 liters (on order)
Read or write a review